While millions continue to practice social distancing, most people’s schedules have changed in some way or another. Maybe you’re missing your usual Saturday nights out or have postponed upcoming travel plans. Though canceling plans isn’t something anyone wants to do, some companies and famous locations are stepping up in new and exciting ways. Before, we outlined some of the coolest museums available through Google Arts & Culture. However, museums aren’t the only thing you can tour online right now.
There are 58 national parks in the United States, and right now 32 of them are open for virtual tours and treks. This is a great way to check out the beautiful natural sights the United States has to offer, without spending a dime—or changing out of pajamas!
These tours are available for free through Google Earth. When you click each link, you’ll be able to see some of the highlights from the parks. Click on map markers to learn more about the exact location. You can also click around and explore for yourself. Without further ado, here’s the list of available parks. Simply click on the name of the park you wish to visit to head to its Google Earth page.
National Parks to Tour Right Now
- Acadia National Park (Bar Harbor, Maine)
- Arches National Park (Moab, Utah)
- Badlands National Park (Rapid City, South Dakota)
- Big Bend National Park (Chihuahuan Desert, Texas)
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park (Montrose, Colorado)
- Bryce Canyon National Park (Tropic, Utah)
- Canyonlands National Park (Moab, Utah)
- Channel Islands National Park (Santa Barbara, California)
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park (Cleveland, Ohio)
- Death Valley National Park (Lone Pine, California)
- Denali National Park and Preserve (Healy, Alaska)
- Dry Tortugas National Park (Key West, Florida)
- Everglades National Park (Everglades City, Florida)
- Glacier National Park (Columbia Falls, Montana)
- Grand Canyon National Park (Fredonia, Arizona)
- Grand Teton National Park (Jackson, Wyoming)
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (Cherokee, North Carolina)
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park (Dell City, Texas)
- Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park (Hilo, Hawaii)
- Joshua Tree National Park (Twentynine Palms, California)
- Mesa Verde National Park (Cortez, Colorado)
- Mount Rainier National Park (Tacoma, Washington)
- Olympic National Park (Port Angeles, Washington)
- Redwood National and State Parks (Crescent City, California)
- Rocky Mountain National Park (Estes Park, Colorado)
- Sequoia National Park (Visalia, California)
- Shenandoah National Park (Front Royal, Virginia)
- Virgin Islands National Park (Charlotte Amalie, St. John, United States Virgin Islands)
- Wind Cave National Park (Hot Springs, South Dakota)
- Yellowstone National Park (Wyoming, Montana, Idaho)
- Yosemite National Park (Mariposa, California)
- Zion National Park (Springdale, Utah)
What is your favorite national park? Take a few free tours and let us know in the comments below!
Want to save on everyday items? Check out our roundup of the week’s best discounts!