George Washington, the United States of America’s first president, was born on February 22. Because of this, Presidents’ Day is celebrated on the third Monday of every February, though the holiday honors all presidents. Like many other holidays, President’s Day has turned into a day where you can enjoy major sales from popular retailers. And who doesn’t love a good sale?
Here’s where you can expect to get some amazing deals this President’s Day weekend.
Don’t forget about shopping online.
- Ashley Furniture Homestore: Save an extra 10% (on top of store discounts of up to 30%) with code PRESIDENT
- Barnes & Noble: 15% off your online order with code PRESDAY, ends 2/17.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Save up to 50% on items for your kitchen and bath, as well as bedding and more. (Plus get a coupon right in your inbox when you sign up for their emails)
- Carter’s: Save on just about anything you could want for the adorable babies and toddlers in your life and get an extra 20% off with code PRESDAY20
- JCPenney: If you have a Penney’s credit card, you can save an extra 20% on select apparel, shoes, fine jewelry, and more with code COOLBUY19. This code will still save you 15% on certain items if you don’t have a credit card.
Save on specific items
If you’re looking to buy specific items, this weekend is still a great time to save. Though many electronics go on sale at the end of the year around Christmas, you can still find some good deals. For example, Amazon has discounted tons of electronics for your car. Department stores like Macy’s and JCPenney are also running sales.
- Best Buy: Save $100-$250 on a new TV. This sale includes smart 4K and smart 4K Roku televisions of varying sizes
- Home Depot: Get select furniture and home decor up to 30% off this weekend
- Lowe’s: Need to buy a new appliance? Now’s a great time to buy at Lowe’s, where you can save up to 40%
- Mattress Firm: President’s Day is a great time to buy a mattress. At Mattress Firm, for example, you can save up to $600 on a new mattress AND get a free adjustable base for spending $499
- Walmart: Not to be outdone, you can save hundreds on TVs at Walmart this weekend, too.
Take advantage of Valentine’s Day sales
This year, Valentine’s Day and President’s Day fall during a long weekend. You may still be able to take advantage of Valentine’s Day sales, though don’t expect there to be much worth buying for next year’s Valentine’s Day after the fact (unless your sweetheart likes old chocolate…)
Still, right now you can save on tons of electronics at Amazon, including a Ring Doorbell and EchoDot bundle, a Kindle Paperwhite, and more.
Don’t forget to check out our best deals of the week, either! Happy shopping!
What are you buying this Presidents’ Day? Let us know in the comments!