There are some senior discounts that are well advertised, like those at movie theaters and restaurants. However, you may not know that you can get some pretty good discounts at grocery stores once you reach you golden years. Whether you’re planning a socially distant holiday menu or just grabbing groceries for the week, shop strategically. You can save at these retailers by shopping on certain days of the week.
While this list covers a number of bigger chain stores, be sure to ask your local grocer if you don’t see it on our list.
- Albertsons: 10% off the first Wednesday of each month for age 55+
- American Discount Stores: 10% off every Monday age 62+
- Bi-Lo: 5% off every Wednesday age 60+
- Compare Foods Supermarket: 10% off every Wednesday age 60+
- DeCicco Family Markets: 5% off every Wednesday age 60+
- Fred Meyer: 10% – 15%, depending on department, first Tuesday of each month age 55+
- Fry’s Food Stores: 10% off on the first Wednesday of every month age 55+
- Gristedes Supermarket: 10% off every Tuesday age 55+
- Harris Teeter: 5% off every Thursday age 60+
- Kroger 10% off the first Wednesday of the month (varies by location)
- Morton Williams Supermarket: 5% off every Tuesday for age 60+
- New Seasons: 10% off every Wednesday most items age 60+, 10% off every Tuesday for military
- Piggly-Wiggly Discounts: 5% every Wednesday age 60+
- Publix: 5% off every Wednesday ONLY in Tennessee, North Carolina and the northern portions of Alabama, South Carolina and Georgia age 60+
- Uncle Guiseppe’s Marketplace: 5% off age 65+ on Wednesdays
Want to save even more? You can get discounts on amazing products and services with our Special Discounts. We’re adding new discounts all the time, so don’t forget to check back often!
What’s your favorite store to shop at? Did we miss any great grocery discounts? Let us know in the comments!